10 March 2014

Cheddar Ranch Biscuits

 
I'm totally going to brag on myself.  Red Lobster's biscuits ain't got nothing on these.  The cheese biscuits at Red Lobster are like crack.  Well, these are like the really good new crack on the streets that's so my better than the old stuff.  That's officially as far as I can go with the crack analogy since the only things I know about it, I learned from Law and Order.
 

 
 
These are everything a good biscuit should be -- light, fluffy, buttery, crumbly, and totally addictive.  There's also the super cheesy-ness and the ranch-ness.  They add layer after layer of flavor.  I can't say enough about 'em.  These are my new love affair and I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get over it anytime soon.

Cheddar Ranch Biscuits
makes about 20 biscuits
 
1 pkg active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°F)
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
One 1oz pkg ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
 
Preheat oven to 400°.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.  In a small bowl, combine the yeast and warm water; set aside.
 
In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and dressing mix.  Cut in the butter, using a pastry blender or fork, until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
 
Place the green onions in a small microwavable bowl.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a small place unsealed to vent; microwave on high for 30 seconds.  Cool for about 2 minutes.
 
Add cheese to flour mixture and toss until well combined.  Stir in the yeast mixture, onions, and buttermilk all at once until a soft dough forms.  Drop by 1/2 cupfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 to 3" between the biscuits.
 
Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown.  Serve warm.
 


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...