23 December 2013

Super Quick Maple Whiskey Balls


I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.  If you're anything like me the last thing you have time to do in the couple of days before Christmas is sit around reading blog posts.  I can barely function I am so tired at this point.  Working retail is always exhausting, but this year seems especially draining.  Maybe I'm beginning to show my age, but I hope it's just because I'm trying to do more than I ever have before.

I wanted to squeeze this one last post in before the holiday as a little gift.  A gift of simple, boozy goodness.  These take maybe 5 minutes to make, are (in my opinion) a hundred times better than their Rum Ball cousins, and, since you can actually taste the alcohol, you can at least pretend you're taking the edge off all the stress.  You might just have everything you need to make these already in your cabinets, too.  No trips to the crazy crowded stores = even less stress.


Finely grind some nuts -- any nuts -- in the food processor.  Pour in some melted chocolate, maple syrup, maple whiskey, and vanilla wafer crumbs.


It makes this slightly unappetizing looking mixture:

You can use other liquors in these if you don't have any maple whiskey in the cabinets.  You can use bourbon, plain whiskey, rum, etc....  You can also use honey instead of maple syrup. 


Roll into 1" balls and roll said balls in powdered sugar.  Put in a covered container at least overnight and up to 4 days before chowing down.  These keep almost indefinitely.


Maple Whiskey Balls
makes about 2 dozen balls


1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 cups ground vanilla wafers
1 cup ground nuts (I used some salted, mixed nuts I had sitting around)
3 Tbsp maple whiskey
Powdered sugar

Mix the chocolate chips and maple syrup in a small microwave safe bowl.  Heat on full poser for 60-90 seconds, or until the mixture is completely smooth when stirred.

Stir the chocolate mixture together this the vanilla wafer crumbs, nuts, and whiskey.  Scoop out by tablespoonfuls and shape into balls about 1" in diameter.  Roll in powdered sugar to coat.  Store in an airtight container at least overnight and up to 4 days before serving.



1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to try this with some Cabin Fever Maple Whisky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...