19 December 2013

Impossible Sweet Potato Pie with Brown Sugar and Pecans


I won a recipe contest!  Yea!  I didn't actually manage to get any pictures of the winning pies, though.  They didn't last long enough.  Some folks nearly came to blows over the last bites.  I'm totally serious, too.  I think my stepdad may have ended up with some fork tine stabs in his eating hand trying to get at the last bite of the pie at his house.


I did take this really adorable picture of my youngest.  That's all you get picture-wise today.  Just go make this pie.  It rocks.  There's no crust, so it's super easy.  There's bacon fat and that couldn't possibly be a bad thing.  There are sweet potatoes which are Southern comfort at their best.  There are also pecans and brown sugar.  Put simply -- this pie rocked my world.  Make it.  It'll make you happy.



Impossible Sweet Potato Pie with Brown Sugar and Pecans
makes two 9" pies

Print me, Please!!!

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup biscuit baking mix
2 Tbsp bacon fat (or butter if you don’t have bacon fat)
One 13 oz can evaporated milk
2 eggs
Two 15 oz cans sweet potatoes, drained
2 1/2 tsps. apple pie spice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
4 Tbsp light brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350°.  Grease two 9” pie plates with nonstick spray; set aside.

Beat the sugar, baking mix, bacon fat, evaporated milk, eggs, sweet potatoes, apple pie spice, and vanilla until smooth, 2-3 minutes on medium low speed with a mixer.  Pour into the two pie plates.  Sprinkle the top of each pie with 1/4 cup of chopped pecans and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.

Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set in the middle and a tester comes out clean.  Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...