30 December 2013

Grape Salad -- aka Fruit Crack



Going with the Southern way of thinking, there's fruit in this salad so it's good for you.  I'm just going to stay in denial and go with that since there's no way in holy heck this is good for you.  It's completely, over the top delicious, though.  The name Grape Salad is totally misleading.  This is only a salad in the loosest definition of the word.  This is absolutely a dessert. 

Obviously, this salad has grapes in it.  Lots of grapes.  Lots and lots and lots of grapes.  There's also cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar and pecans.  It's pretty much overkill.  Overkill is sometimes a bad thing.  In this case it's a good thing.  Maybe even a great thing.  Except for the fact that I can no longer button my pants.  That's the bad thing.  Well, aside from the fact that it clinches my new year's resolution for me.  I'm setting a very specific goal for myself -- button my pants.  It's gonna be sad days if I can't get there pretty quick.....





Grape Salad
serves a crowd

Print me, Please!!!

2 pounds green seedless grapes
2 pounds  red seedless grapes
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Wash and stem grapes.  Leave them whole unless they are particularly large.  If you think they are too large, cut them in half.

In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.  Stir in the grapes.  In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and pecans.  Sprinkle over the grape mixture.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill overnight before serving.  Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...