26 November 2013

Cranberry Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


 
 
I didn't mean to kinda, sorta disappear.  Especially with the biggest food holiday of all directly on top of us.  I have been cooking quite a lot despite my blogging silence.  My camera broke.  I was already debating asking for a new one for Christmas, but I guess it had other ideas.  The purchasing of a new camera is not the smallest undertaking in the best of circumstances, but this purchase was more difficult than it needed to be.  The first camera we bought was defective and only took almost entirely black photographs.  The second refused to reveal any fine detail, despite reviews to the contrary.  The third time's the charm, right?  I hope so.
 
So, I have been cooking quite a bit, but I haven't been able to photograph anything.  A blog without photos isn't terrifically appealing.  At least that's my opinion.  I'm still figuring out the whole food photography thing, but I know that any pictures are better than none at all.  I made my cookies for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap and sent those out.  I did manage to get pictures of those the morning before the camera went kaput.  I also made a Sweet Potato Impossible Pie with Pecans and Brown Sugar.  It went bad before I could get a functional camera.  You'll just have to take my word for it that the pie was absolutely scrumptious.
 
 
I also made these cookies.  I just managed to get a new camera for these.  I hoarded the last three cookies just for picture taking.  My husband turned into a great cookie snatcher while these were around.  Somehow they all seemed to magically disappear whenever I wasn't looking.  The big secret for this is the awesome peanut butter blend I found at the grocery store last week.  It's by Planters.  It's called Cranberry Crunch.  It's just crunchy peanut butter with chopped, dried cranberries mixed in.  The berries are subtle, but most definitely there.  Oh, and anything involving oatmeal or peanut butter...I am so totally all over it.  These are definitely my new favorite cookie.
 

Cranberry Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
makes about 4 dozen cookies
 
 
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
One 12 oz jar Planters Cranberry Crunch peanut butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup quick cooking oats
 
Preheat the oven to 350°.  Line a baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick baking mat; set aside.
 
In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugars, and peanut butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended.  Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and beat on low until blended.  Mix in the oats until just combined.
 
Drop the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, 2" apart, in rounded tablespoonfuls.  Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.  Let cool completely on a wire rack.  Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...