06 October 2013

Brown Butter Scrambled Eggs

 
I talk about brown butter too much.  It's a sickness.  I love it so much, though.  Brown butter is heaven.  It's nutty, savory, sweet, complex.  It's incredibly easy to make and adds so much to anything it touches.  You should be using it.  Really.  Browning butter elevates the flavor of just about every dish.  It takes 5 minutes. It's amazing what a difference some toasty milk solids can make.  Why aren't we all just putting brown butter in everything?  Maybe we should....
 
I figured I would just let my obsession take over for the week and use brown butter quite unapologetically in everything I make this week.  I started out with our Sunday morning breakfast and these brown butter scrambled eggs.  I also made a little extra brown butter and used it on the toast, too.  These are easy, simple, and have that great something you just can't quite put you're finger on.  The brown butter adds a little nuttiness to the egg and the green onion adds just the right amount of brightness.  It was a great way to start the week.
Brace yourself because lots more brown butter is on the way .  Really excessive amounts of it.  I may need an appointment with a cardiologist before it's all said and done, but I'll be really happy.  Hopefully you will be, too.

 

Brown Butter Scrambled Eggs
serves 4

Print me, Please!!!

1/4 cup unsalted butter
8 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp chopped green onions

Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until the butter is dark golden brown and smells nutty, about 5 minutes, swirling the butter and stirring occasionally.  Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and half of the green onions.  As soon as the butter is browned, decrease the heat to medium low.  Add the egg mixture, whisking constantly, until the eggs form small curds and have a custardy consistency.  Serve over toast and sprinkle with the remaining chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...