07 August 2013

Pimiento Cheese Mashed Potatoes


Don't think less of me because I didn't use fresh potatoes to make these, but I'm a really big fan of the Ore Ida steam in the bag mashed potatoes.  I'm not ashamed to admit it.  They have pretty much entirely replaced fresh potatoes when I make mashed potatoes.  This is a major concern at my house since mashed potatoes are my husband's favorite food.  We eat them fairly regularly.  Not as often as he would like (which might possibly be every day), but they're definitely part of the normal dinner rotation.

I do diverge from Ore Ida's preparation instructions because I use heavy cream instead of milk and add a more than is probably necessary amount of black pepper.  It's how I like them, but the pepper is entirely optional.  I also used store-bought pimiento cheese, which I never do, but this was a thrown together weeknight dinner.  With two kids and a husband asking "Where's dinner?" from the moment I walked in the door, I did not have time to make it from scratch.  I prefer Price's brand pimiento cheese if I absolutely need to use store bought.  It's not as good as homemade, but it's the best of the stuff from the grocery store.


The potatoes, even with all the shortcuts, are crazy delicious. They're cheesy, creamy, a little spicy, and a little peppery -- just downright perfect.  Because of all the shortcuts, they're also on the table in about 15 minutes, which is every busy momma's dream.  Oh, and the kids'll eat 'em, too.  It doesn't get much better than that.



Pimiento Cheese Mashed Potatoes

Print me, Please!!!

1 bag Ore Ida steam in bag cut russet potatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup pimiento cheese (homemade or store bought)
3/4 tsp ground black pepper

Cook the potatoes according to the manufacturer's instructions.  Pour the cooked potatoes into a large bowl.  Add the heavy cream, pimiento cheese, and black pepper; mash all the ingredients together until the potatoes are mostly smooth with just a few lumps.  Add additional cream if the texture isn't creamy enough.  Add additional pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...