09 August 2013

Blueberry Cream Cheese No Crust Pie


Got some blueberries still hanging around?  Boy have I got a recipe for you....It takes minutes, is chock full of berries (so you can act like it's good for you), it's light, it's fluffy, and it's delicious.
Is that enough?

Is it a pie?  Is it a cake?  Is it just a big, weird shaped muffin?  I'm not really sure.  I do know that I am sure glad that I made this though.  I had been sort of working out the idea in my head for a while now.  The idea started swirling around for a no-crust blueberry pie; that mostly happened because I ended up with an overabundance of good berries this year.  So I mapped out the what the recipe might look like for a no-crust blueberry pie, using a sort of magic custard/chess pie as my starting point.  Then I got carried away (which is not all that uncommon) and figured that some chunks of cream cheese couldn't hurt.  Then I added lemon juice because lemons and blueberries are best foodie friends.  Lemon amps up the flavor of blueberries so much, you really should add at least a little lemon juice to any recipe calling for blueberries.  I'm totally serious about that, too.


More questions now that the pie is out of the oven....Is it breakfast?  Or is it dessert?  It really could be either.  If it's dessert, eat it with some whipped cream on top.  If it's breakfast, take a big wedge and eat it plain.  A happy life is all about choices.




Blueberry Cream Cheese No Crust Pie
makes one 9" pie

Print me, Please!!!

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 eggs
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 oz cream cheese, cut into pea-sized pieces

Preheat oven to 350°.  Grease a 9" pie plate; set aside.

Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.  Stir in the butter, eggs, almond extract, vanilla, and lemon juice until well combined.  Gently fold in the blueberries and cream cheese pieces.  Spread the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and springy to the touch.  Serve warm or at room temperature.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...