14 August 2013

Being a Blogger Mom



Being a blogger is a weird thing most of the time.  It's more than a little surreal sending things out into the atmosphere and hoping people will like what you're putting out there.  It's a crazy spiral of self confidence and self doubt all mixed together.  Being a mom at the same time makes it even more strange.  I can't always make what ever bizzaro concoction I have in my head because I don't have time, the kids won't eat it, my husband won't eat it, etc....  Maybe if all those people wouldn't eat it then it isn't worth making?  I have a six year old who's "allergic" (his word) to green food, a three year old whose diet is made up almost entirely of salad, and a husband who is an insanely picky eater.  I can't begin to list what all he's "allergic" to.   My house may not be the best demographic to choose from, but that's what I'm working with.

Don't even get me started on the process of photographing the food.  I can't even fathom what a stranger would think if they walked in on me making stacks of random food and taking pictures of it.  Who stacks food?  Bloggers do.  And really overly fancy restaurants.  That's pretty much it.

Then there are the weeks like this one which are totally, randomly insane.  The stomach flu has had the entire family sitting things out for the better part of the week, of course with no two of us sick on the same day.  Stomach flu means that not a lot of cooking has been happening.  Especially since it hit me yesterday.

I work at a children's store.  It's back to school time.  I'm beyond tired when I get home at night.  You can only imagine.

On some positive notes, my six year old lost one of his front teeth on Monday night.  He is really excited about it.  My three year old, however, is really confused by it.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of Isaac's face when he saw Sam's gap-toothed smile for the first time.  Words can't describe the confusion.  That's my snaggle tooth's picture at the top.

I am totally addicted to a website -- Daily Infographic -- it's totally awesome, occasionally hilarious, usually informative, and entirely random.  Here's an example:


I've been spending most of my free time sewing lately.  You may or may not know that I have a degree in clothing design, so sewing is as much second nature to me as baking.  With the stupid-hot weather, I have been making skirt after skirt after skirt since they're the best attire for all this heat and humidity.  It's been a lot of fun, strangely relaxing, and diverting.  I also get what feels like a new wardrobe out of it.  That's pretty awesome.

I will be back with more recipes.  And soon.  I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...