29 July 2013

Goobersnap


I am fully aware that the name of this post isn't giving much away.  You're probably asking "what the heck is Goobersnap?"  Until I started writing this blog I wasn't aware of Goobersnap either.  I have a pretty large collection of locally produced cookbooks.  You know, the kind that are put out by churches, schools, junior leagues, etc....  In my experience they are the best source in the world for thoroughly tested and completely delicious recipes.  In going through all these cookbooks I stumbled across the recipe for Goobersnap a few times.  I knew I had to make it eventually for a couple of reasons -- the name is awesome and it sounds yummy.  It turns out that I was right and Goobersnap is a totally ridiculous name is the really, really tasty.

So, you wanna know what Goobersnap is?  Goobersnap is basically a cracker.  It's made from a base of cornbread batter that you spread super duper thin.  Then you sprinkle it with chopped peanuts, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and melted butter.  The whole thing is then baked for longer than is probably necessary, turning the cornbread batter into crackers.  Sounds good, right?





Goobersnap
makes one 15" x 10" pan

Print me, Please!!!

One 8 oz pkg corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)
1 cup salted, roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 375°.  Spray a 15" by 10" jelly roll pan with nonstick spray; set aside.

Prepare the corn muffin batter as directed on the package; spread evenly into the prepared pan.  The layer of batter will be VERY thin.  Sprinkle the batter with the peanuts, cheese, and garlic powder; drizzle the melted butter over the top.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.  Immediately cut into squares; cool slightly and remove from pan.  Store in a covered container at room temperature up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...