21 June 2013

Zesty Corn Dip and Lots of New Stuff...


There is a new recipe on here today, but I am way super excited to tell you about all the other new stuff I have gotten done this week.  I totally revamped the design of the blog.  I hope you like it.  I added links so you can follw me on Facebook, Pinterest, StumbleUpon (my current obsession), and Bloglovin'.  I added a search bar so you can search the recipes here on the blog a little easier since there are way more now than I ever anticipated.  I also added a nifty little gadget where you can click on the little link on any photo to pin it to your Pinterest boards.  I don't know about you, but Pinterest has an uncanny ability to suck me in for hours and hours. 

All these things took me waaaay longer than they should have.  When I started this thing a year ago I knew nothing about blogging, other than how to read one; I had never designed a web site, never written a blog post, never shared a recipe other than on handed down and passed around index cards.  I did share some recipes once in a zine in college (I don't even want to think about how long ago that was, though.)  This year has definitely had a steep learning curve, so thanks for going through it all with me.  It's been tons of fun.


The corn dip is so simple that I barely had any need to take pictures.  It's pour in a bowl, microwave, and serve stuff.  I don't know about you, but those are some of my favorites.  They're great for
snacks on a weekend afternoon.  This would also be a great snack during football season, for which I am now super anxious.  It's my favorite time of the year -- cooler weather, fall colors, pulling my sweaters back out of the closet.  So, maybe I made this just wishing it would hurry up and get here....I'm not really sure, but it's delicious anytime of year.


Zesty Corn Dip

Print me, Please!!!

11 oz can white corn, drained
8 oz cream cheese
14.5 oz can tomatoes and green chilies (I like fire roasted when I can find them), mostly drained
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Combine the corn, cream cheese, and tomatoes in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat for 3 minutes, stirring at 1 minute intervals, until the mixture is well combined and the cheese is melted.  Stir in the cheddar cheese and black pepper.  Serve with corn chips, potato chips, or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...