10 May 2013

Pecan Praline Toast


I started this post by trying to think of something to make for myself for breakfast on Mother's Day this Sunday.  I've mentioned before that I am not a morning person.  I'm relatively useless for the first hour or so if I have the luxury of not having to get the kids to school or myself to work.  I don't work on Sundays, so that's pretty much the only day I get to luxuriate in my nearly comatose hour in the morning.  I say I'm relatively useless, if that's our standard, then my husband is completely and utterly worthless in the mornings. Because of this I am not expecting breakfast in bed or any other pampering of the sort on Sunday, so I wanted to come up with something tasty that I am able to make for myself without really having to completely wake up.

This stuff is heaven and is by far and away the easiest recipe I have ever posted.  I know I say things are easy all the time, but this stuff is cooking child's play.  It's totally yummy.  It's basically cinnamon toast for grown ups.  The kids like it, too, but this is yummy enough that I want to keep it all for myself.  I still love cinnamon toast, since it was my favorite school morning breakfast and how could you not love it?  This praline toast has stolen the crown of the easy breakfast favorite.  It's good enough that I might just make it for my husband on Father's Day as well and let him think I actually functioned enough to slave away on breakfast for him.....


Just mix all the topping stuff together in a bowl.


Then you smear it on some bread.  I just used good old wheat sandwich bread from the grocery store.  The stick it in the oven until it's bubbly.  You can use cookie cutters to cut it out into fancy shapes if you wanna.  Or you can just dig right in.


Pecan Praline Toast
makes 6 slices


6 slices sandwich bread
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 450°.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay the slices of bread out on the paper; set aside.

In a bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and pecans.  Divide the mixture evenly among the bread slices and spread over the top.  

Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the topping is bubbly and the edges of the bread are toasted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...