17 April 2013

Ssshhh...This Pie is a Secret


I found this recipe in my grandmother's stash.  I can't tell you the name of it.  Apparently the name is copyrighted and has almost gone to the Supreme Court in defense of that name.  So, I guess I will just come up  with my own name for it -- Mixed Nut Chocolate Chip Pie.  I know -- not the most creative name, but it fits.  This pie, much like my name for it, is no-frills  There's not much to it.  It takes all of 5 minutes to get into the oven.  It's crazy delicious.  For some reason I like to use the descriptive that a recipe is like one food had babies with another food.  I don't know why, but I'm about to do it again.  Are you ready?  This pie is like a chocolate chip cookie, a brownie, and a pie had babies.  I don't think it could get much better than that.


Dump all you stuff in a bowl and stir.  That's all there is to the filling.


Now dump that all in your unbaked pie crust.  Use a store bought one if you want to....
Now throw it in the oven.



When your pie comes out of the oven, it's all crispy crackly on top and ooey-gooey in the middle.


Yum. Yum. Yum.

Mixed Nut Chocolate Chip Pie
makes one 8" pie


1 unbaked pie crust
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup salted mixed nuts

Preheat the oven to 350°.  Roll out your pie crust into an 8" pie plate; put in the refrigerator to rest and prevent shrinkage while you mix the filling.

Mix the flour, sugar, and eggs.  Add the vanilla, butter, chocolate chips, and nuts; mix well.  Pour the filling into the crust.  Bake for 35 minutes, or until the top is golden and the filling is set.  Let cool in the pan on a wire rack before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...