11 March 2013

Cracker Cookie Brownie Thingys


This is a wacky recipe I copied down a few years ago.  I have no idea where it came from or who it came from.  Most of my recipes from around this time were gotten from boxes of recipes I bought at estate and garage sales.  So, my best guess it that this recipe came from some housewife or grandmother somewhere here in Little Rock.  I don't think I'll ever be sure.

The name on the recipe card is "Cracker Brownies".  One of my pet peeves is when people use the terms brownies and blondies incorrectly.  Brownies have chocolate batter, blondies have non-chocolate batter.  These are more like a bar cookie to me than either a brownie or a blondie, but that may just be a personal thing.  These are stupendously good and take almost exactly five minutes to whip up and get into the oven.  So, what are you waiting for...?






Pour some graham cracker crumbs in a bowl. 

Then, stir in some condensed milk, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and coconut.


Then press the batter out into a lightly greased 8" square baking dish and pop it into the oven.
Let them cool, cut 'em into squares, and dig in.


Cracker Brownies
makes 16 bars


1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped nuts (I used slivered almonds)
heaping 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut

Preheat the oven to 350°.  Lightly grease an 8" square baking dish; set aside.  Combine all the ingredients and stir to make a dense, sticky dough.  Spread the dough out in the prepared pan.  Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is lightly golden.  Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...