04 February 2013

Teeny Tiny Sandwiches and a Recipe, Too



I have been more than a little obsessed with sandwiches lately.  Maybe it's the sheer quantity of Nutella sandwiches my oldest son asks for on a daily basis or maybe it's just that sandwiches are pretty much the perfect food.  They're a super compact, portable, and delicious way to have a balanced meal.  One of my favorite blogs, A Cozy Kitchen, had a post a few days ago titled "Stuff on Toast".  To see her post click here.  It's a good read and has really pretty photographs.  Her post upped my obsession into more than just something I was thinking about and into something I just had to do something about.

the teeny tiny ice cream sandwiches
As you know if you have read my blog regularly, I am a Green Bay Packers fan.  Since they aren't playing in the Super Bowl this year, I have been transformed into just a regular schmo that doesn't really care all that much about the game, but will still watch it for the commercials.  I'll watch the game, too, but I really could care less who wins.  It also gives me a really good excuse to whip up some food.  Because of my recent sandwich fixation, I decided to make the Super Bowl spread this year a Build Your Own Teeny Tiny Sandwich Buffet.  It's a really simple idea and I figured it would be fun for us and the kids, too.  Oh, and the teeny tiny gelato sandiwiches may have been the bigget hit of all.

So, here's the breakdown of what was on the Teeny Tiny Sandwich Buffet.  Maybe you could have your own.  If you do, let me know what you include!

Sliced Baguette
Sliced Tiny Rye Bread
the homemade salami.  yum.
Salted Butter
Sliced Radishes
Kosher Salt
Pastrami
Sauerkraut
Swiss Cheese
Mustard
Peppered Goat Cheese
Sliced Pears
Baby Mixed Greens
Marinated Baby Mozzarella Balls
Homemade Salami (click here for the recipe)
Proscuitto
Mortodella
Sliced Baby Kosher Dills
Mini Caramel Waffle Cookies
Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...