01 January 2013

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope you had a great 2012 and have an even better 2013!  I'm not usually a real big list maker, but I thought I would kick off the new year with a random list of things I love and things I am looking forward to in the year to come.  I am definitely not making any resolutions -- every time I do, they go by the wayside in a week.  I do have some things that I am going to work on this year, though.  What about you?

1.  I'm gonna make some more savory things.  I cook dinner for the fam every night, but when it comes time, I tend to lose my inspiration and just go with the same old thing.  I'm  gonna try to mix it up a little more this year. 

2.  My oldest kiddo is reading now, so hopefully we will really keep growing his love of reading.  I LOVE books.  I want him to love books as well.  He's also about to lose his first tooth.  Where do the years go?

3.  I'm going to work on and make some of the things that have always scared or intimidated me -- souffle, homemade biscuits, chocolate candies (like bon bons)....  Anything you want me to work on?  Chances are good that if you are intimidated by it, I am or have been in the past.....

4.  Potty train the second kid.  I know you don't want to know about my kids pooping habits, but I am determined to get this done.

5.  Keep embracing my Southern roots.  For years, I tried to hide the fact that I am from the South when I travelled outside of the South.  Now I am proud of my roots and embracing the great heritage and history -- especially the food history.  Our heritage is so underappreciated outside of the region.  I want to make everyone love it like we Southerners know they should.

Let's rock it out in 2013!  Happy new year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...