17 December 2012

Best. Fries. Ever.


Warning -- these fries are addictive.  They are also one of my go-to easy dinner concoctions.  I got the idea for these from a local restaurant called Big Orange.  It's a locally owned joint that serves Black Truffle Garlic Herb Fries.  These things are the things my dreams are made of...so good that my husband and I were fighting over who got to dig the crumbs out of the bottom of the bowl.  I had to come up with my own version at home, since I can't justify spending $5 on an order of French Fries all the time.

The fries at Big Orange are handcut, but since I usually make these after work and when I am short on time, I use frozen french fries and bake them until they are really crispy.  You can use any cut of potato.  My husband is partial to shoestring cut fries, but I have made these with other cuts, too, since I am partial to thicker cut fries.  Be sure to not get in such a rush that you take the fries out of the oven before they are crispy, though.  Since you are going to drizzle them with out, you'll want that crisp. 

This is not so much of a recipe as it is a list of ingredients.  You can adjust them to your preferences.  I have listed how I make them for us, but feel free to experiment.  You won't be disappointed.  I know that truffle oil is expensive, but this is totally worth it.  Plus, a bottle of it will last for a really, really long time since it doesn't take much oil to add that yummy truffle flavor.



Parmesan Truffle Fries
serves 4

Print me, Please!!!

Frozen French Fries, baked per the instructions on the package (I use about half a bag for the 4 of us)
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 Tbsp minced green onion
1-2 Tbsp white truffle oil

While the fries are baking, combine the cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, and green onion in a large bowl; set aside.  As soon as you take the fries out of the oven, pour them into the bowl with the parmesan mixture.  Immediately drizzle them with some truffle oil, then toss until the fries are well coated with the oil and rest of the toppings.  Serve immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...