12 November 2012

Double Chocolate Peppermint Crinkles

Christmas is a holiday filled with lots of mixed emotions for me.  One one hand, I am a total grinch.  I've worked retail for nearly 20 years, so hearing Christmas songs on a loop 50 hours a week, 6 weeks in a row tends to suck out the holiday spirit.  On the other hand, I love everything else about Christmas.  I love the food, the smells, the tree, spending time with the family, the presents, etc, etc, etc....

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I make big boxes of goodies for all my loved ones at Christmas.  These cookies are definitely gonna get added to the boxes this year.  I saw these Christmas M&Ms at Target a few days ago and knew I had to do something with them.  They're filled with peppermint flavored white chocolate instead of the usual milk chocolate.  Can you say yum?  The main problem I have with white chocolate is that it's not actually chocolate.  So I figured I could take care of that problem by mixing the M&Ms into a chocolate cookies.  I get the best of all worlds with a yummy chocolate cookie chock full of white chocolate, peppermint candy.  They made me pretty darn happy.  Hopefully they will make you happy, too.


Double Chocolate Peppermint Crinkles
makes about 36 cookies

Print me, Please!!!

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup white chocolate peppermint M&Ms
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Melt the butter in the microwave.  Immediately add the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is melted and teh mixture is smooth.  Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Add the flour, baking powder, and cocoa.  Stir until the mixture is just combined.  Gently stir in the M&Ms.  Cover the mixture, the chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.

Preheat the oven to 350°.   Line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil.  If using foil, spray it lightly with nonstick spray.  Roll the chilled dough into 1" balls.  Roll each ball in the powdered sugar, until coated, shaking off the excess.  Place the cookies 2" apart on the baking sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are cracked and the dough inside the cracks doesn't look wet anymore.  Remove from the oven.  Let cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.  Repeat with remaining dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...